IntroductionHSH Prince Albert II, who succeeded his mother HSH Princess Grace, is the Honorary President of Monaco Aide and Presence. This association was created in 1979 in response to a television report on war-torn Cambodia. A team of about thirty volunteers - doctors and nursing staff - decided to go to the country to offer aid to the civilian population. Thus was MAP’s first humanitarian activity realized.
Since then MAP has expanded its presence throughout the world through the work of its members, volunteers, local officials and its presidents, who have coordinated all their efforts.
We bring real and lasting help to the poorest and, most importantly, to children.
Our activities target primarily:
- Education, by constructing school facilities, supporting professional, craft and industrial workshops and providing customized training
- Health, by constructing or rehabilitating health and hospital facilities for both intensive and primary care, by sending medical missions and by training local caregivers
- to provide the necessary nutritional needs
- to improve the working conditions of women
We also offer our support to related activities :
Child care, food collection, hospital visits and aid to disabled and needy people in the region.
Monaco Aide and Presence is blessed with a number of strengths:
- Patronage of HSH Prince Albert II
- Support from the Government of Monaco, which covers operating and administrative expenses
- Directors, auditors and local staff are all volunteers
- Directors visit and monitor projects in situ on a regular basis
- 35 years of history
- 100% of donations collected are applied to our projects
Board of Directors
|PRESIDENT:||Mrs. Donatella CAMPIONI|
|VICE-PRESIDENT:||Mrs. Pilar KLEMM|
|GENERAL SECRETARY:||Mr. David LE FORESTIER|
|TREASURER:||Mr. Frank MOREL|
|ADMINISTRATORS:||Mrs. Linda AMMENDOLA, Mrs. Nancy DOTTA,|
Mrs. Brunella PASTORELLI, Dr. Jean Marc RISS
|Assistant and Project Coordinator:||Mrs Catherine RENAND|
|Auditor:||Mr. Gerard DEGREGORI|